“Heiwa” means peace in Japanese. The Kai family designed the Heiwa musubi right after the big earthquake hit northern Japan in 2011 to wish for peace. The three rings of this Heiwa Musubi represent the sun, earth, and moon.
Each piece is handmade by the Kai family in Miyazaki Japan and may vary slightly.
- Each item is handmade and may vary slightly
- Approximate measurement (including handle): 13.5" W x 23" L x 3" thickness
- Material: rice straw
- Care instruction: to clean, gently wipe the surface with a dry cloth. Do not hand wash or make wet.
- Enjoy it changing color over time. It will turn into yellowish, golden color
- Due to natural material, please handle with care. It likes to be in dry places.
This family owned business started more than three generations ago. In order to get the materials to create these beautiful decors the family spends a whole year sprouting rice seeds in the early spring.