Tohichiro Tsusumi is the second generation of the incense company in the Yame area in Fukuoka prefecture. The family owned company has been around since the 1940s. They use only local natural ingredients and are all hand processed at their factory by Tohichiro and his wife.
Their incense making starts from planting the trees. They use the local and their owned tree branches and leaves that are dried, then smashed for about 21 hours to make them into powder. The whole process to make the incense takes about 7-10 days.
All natural and no chemicals or preservatives are used in these incense!!
- Japanese Tabunoki tree (Machilus thunbergii), loquat leaves, wormwood, camellia, cedar leaves, water.
Approximately 5" long each stick.
Burning time: approximately 25-30 mins each.
Net weight: 30g (about 80-83 sticks/box)
- Place your incense stick in an appropriate incense burner that will collect the ash as it falls. Trim the stick as necessary to ensure a proper fit.
- Light the end of the incense stick until a flame is established. Allow it to burn for a few seconds to ensure it is properly lit.
- Gently extinguish by blowing or fanning out the flame. Your stick should glow red and a gentle wisp of smoke should be seen.
- Place your incense stick in a safe location away from children or pets and all flammable material.
- Burn incense in a well ventilated room to avoid build up of the smoke
- Do not place next to an open window where a breeze could knock your holder and burning incense stick over.
- You should not burn incense if you have asthma or suffer from a respiratory condition
- Women who are pregnant should consult their doctor before burning incense
- Dogs and other animals can be highly sensitive to incense sticks.
*Since no preservatives are used, please use them as soon as possible after opening.