The Yokozuna Musubi is knotted with one long piece of straw rope. The complicated knot is not easy to undo and it represents the strength and the luck. In the local area, it is one of the popular gifts for someone who is starting new business, and new life.
- Each item is handmade and may vary slightly
- Approximate measurement: 18" W x 26 1/2" L x 2~3" thickness
- Weight: 2.1 lbs
- Material: rice straw, wood in the back to support the item's shape. Please see the photo
- Care instruction: to clean, gently wipe the surface with a dry cloth. Do not hand wash or make wet.
- Enjoy it changing color over time. It will turn into yellowish, golden color
- Due to natural material, please handle with care. It likes to be in dry places.
This is one of my favorite rice straw decorations handcrafted by the Kai family in Miyazaki-prefecture in Japan. I was very attracted by this strong, masculine look when I first saw this "Yokozuna Musubi" wall hanging piece. This family owned business started more than three generations ago. In order to get the materials to create these beautiful decors the family spends a whole year sprouting rice seeds in the early spring.