This spouted vessel is great for pouring sake, dressing, sauce etc.!
Loui Fukuda, who is the second generation of Mizuho kiln continues to create their traditional ceramics with a modern twist.
- Sold separately
- Each piece is handmade in Kumamoto, Japan and varies slightly, making each piece unique.
- Approximate measurement:
- Diagonal line: 5 1/2" W x 4" L x 4" H
- Vertical line: 5" W x 4" L x 3 3/4" H
- Diagonal line: 14 fl.oz (1.75 US cup)
- Vertical line: 12 fl.oz (1.5 US cup)
- Diagonal line: 11oz
- Vertical line: 8 oz
- Material: ceramic
- Care instruction: hand wash recommended, not oven safe
Mizuho kiln was started in 1973 by Toyomizu Fukuda who was born in 1928. Loui Fukuda, the second generation of Mizuho kiln, is currently creating all of the works.
Loui carefully picked the ingredients to create the glaze. She gets the rice straws and husks from her neighboring organic rice field.
Loui enjoys making unique carvings to experiment how the glaze drips on each product. I like how they all have dramatic glazing and how they drip to the end.
When you see her works closely you will see many layers of color. Hope you will enjoy her work too.